SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtundermyfingers

How does this sound for Christmas presents for family.

dirtundermyfingers
12 years ago

Our family has grown big time since Rhiannon was born 8 years ago and was the first grandchild, now there are 13 and one on the way. I have 5 siblings and they are all married and it was just too hard to come up with gifts and even if you spent 10 on each grandchild that would be 130 dollars. So I came up with an idea and thought I would put it out here to get some feedback.

Here is howI plan on doing a gift exchange with all the families.

I know with all the families getting bigger and it is hard to come up with ideas, but I miss seeing my family receive gifts. And to teach our kiddos about how Christmas doesn't have to be all about money, that we can all use our special gifts and talents in order to make presents for family. What I am proposing is that every family make something for each of the other families plus mom and dad. It doesn't have to be crafty it can be an offer of baby-sitting, a package of chex mix or puppy chow. You can do individual or family presents.

I am planning on doing this no matter what, the girls are already pumped up about this and are planning and digging in my supplies.

The purpose is for the kids, to learn to use their talents, how to give to others and that money isn't everything and that it is the thought that counts.

Stacie

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County