SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Liability insurance question...

Kathsgrdn
13 years ago

I'm conflicted on what to do. Alex hit the back of a vehicle and now Lauren has medical injuries. The doctor's office wouldn't take her medical insurance and requested up front payment for the office visit and would bill me the rest, x-ray and whatever other charges, not to mention the worthless ER visit the night of the accident and a sling. They said I had to make a claim with the auto insurance company.

I would like to have the insurance company pay for it all but how is that going to affect Alex's insurance in the future? The other vehicle's occupants made a comment about getting his insurance info too because the woman tensed up and was having neck pain. They were in a huge SUV which wasn't damaged so I don't know if they are going to make a claim or not but if they don't, then I'm assuming the insurance company isn't going to know about the accident unless I make a claim.

I don't want to cause Alex's insurance to be outrageous even though the ex is paying for it right now. Eventually, Alex will be paying his own. What would you do if you were in my situation? Have any of you been in this situation before? Or know how badly it affects liability insurance in the future? That's all he had on it.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH