SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
des_arc_ya_ya

DS Received His 2nd Camo Quilt

des_arc_ya_ya
15 years ago

today from his DGM. He turned 40 last week and today my DM gave him a camo quilt that she had made him for his birthday. She made him one when he was about 17-18 and he used the first one for YEARS. About two years ago it was in a friend's camper parked at their deer hunting land. It was stolen, along with the camper and several other valuables. He was heartbroken and MAD. DDIL said he just cried! (And that's NOT like my DS, trust me....)

His DS "slipped" and told my DM. (Thought she already knew it.) She started out a few weeks ago and worked like a dog getting the quilt ready for his birthday. (Not a quilted quilt, but a handtied one.)

Told him today that not very many 40 year olds get the privilege of having their DGM make them a quilt!!

We all had a very good day together. My DM, Twinkie and I, my DB & DSIL, my DS, DDIL and both DGDs and my closest Ya Ya friend were all there for dinner today. (Not lunch - dinner! LOL)

Twinkie and my DB (with my technical advice and board holding) put up a new wooden handrail by my DM's front steps. She's gotten pretty shaky and I've worried about her on those concrete steps.

Hope all of you had as good a day as we did today.

Comments (8)