SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Did phone company lose my check?

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

I got my phone bill today and it had a past due payment on it from September. Right away I got my checkbook, because I remember writing that check. Sure enough, on Sept. 13th. I wrote in my checkbook the check number, date, phone co.name and amount, and did the math. So I called customer service and they were practically rude to me. All she kept saying is "We did not receive the check, please pay the full amount due". I told her I wrote the check and sent it. I even went online to my banking statement(while I had cus.service on the phone) - that check number never showed up as being cashed! All the checks in that sequence are there except that one. So that rep transferred me to someone else. I got the same rude attitude, only this lady says, "My advice to you is to call your bank and stop payment on that check and write us another one for the full amount you owe us!"

Sheesh, it's like I'm lying or something. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did or if the check truly got lost. Guess I'll call the bank and write the new check, suppose I'm not really out any money as long as the "lost" check hasn't been cashed. What's to say the phone company didn't lose it? Just makes me mad because it looks like I'm late with my payment that's all. Sorry. Had to vent.

Comments (19)