SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Christmas gift ideas needed (kinda long)

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

I've decided to take the kids to Germany and France next summer and told them that that would be their Christmas gifts this year. I was going to buy them backpacks and wrap them but ended up letting them help pick them out, so can't do that now. Part of the gift is the cost of passports. I want to give them a few small things to open on Christmas, though. Something related to the trip. I may get one German phrase book for all of us to share and a French one for me and Lauren (Alex is taking French in school). I thought about buying those Rosetta Stone CDs in German but decided I didn't want to spend the money for such a short trip.

I thought about digging out old pictures of both countries and taking and having calendars made. Anyone know of a cheap place to take them to and have them done? I was in Joseph-Beths bookstore yesterday and saw a French calendar with a beautiful picture of Mont-St. Michels (sp?) on the cover, one of the places Alex wanted to see, but all the other pictures were really ugly so I didn't buy it. That's when I thought of having the calendars made myself.

I got us all youth hostel cards and am going to put the kids' cards in their stockings. I also thought about getting us all a microfiber towel to take along for those nights we would be spending in a youth hostel to save on having to pay for towels. But I can't think of anything else. I already bought us all travel toothbrushes that fold up. Saw them in Wal-Mart last week, but the kids have seen them so I can't put them in the stockings or anything.

Oh, and I'm getting us all windbreaker-type jackets in case it rains when we're over there. But other than that I can't think of anything. Any other ideas? Cheap ideas-lol.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert