SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
softball_80

DD#1's wedding day is Friday

softball_80
15 years ago

...so today is my last day on the job for this week. I pick my tux up on the way home after work. Hopefully all the i's are dotted and t's crossed; since weddings are 'the woman's super bowl' all us males know better than to get in the way. Future son in law Jim and I get along well; I hope to regard him as the son I never had. DD#2 & 3 are co maids of honor, Jim's brother is best man. Although I don't consider myself overly vain I bought a treadmill after they got engaged and have been on it every day except 1 (away on a short trip). After over 1000 miles I don't look very different but did shed 15 lbs.

Like a lot of parents I'm concerned about their future - will they be able to afford a house? Will they get a mortgage? When I moved out my first place cost me $33,000; my parents were concerned because that was over 10 times what they paid for their first; I laughed. But now, any house in any safe neighborhood might cost 7-8 times what MINE did ME! I'd be scared to death of a 4 figure monthly payment but maybe that's my dinosaur complex.

They are getting a free trip to Hawaii as a wedding gift!!! Kris' boss has a timeshare there and is letting them use it for a week. Also they are using his accumulated frequent flier miles for the trip.

As luck would have it my neighbors son is getting married the very next day! We had to turn the invite down because I know for a fact I don't have the strength to handle back-to-back wedding receptions. They turned ours down for the same reason; no hard feelings. I do intend to go to their church service however.

I'l try to post a digital picture of us all unless my mug breaks the camera lens.

Comments (12)