SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Must vent. Friends who cancel.

dedtired
10 years ago

I am feeling aggravated. I have a one circle of friends who are forever making plans to do things, either individually or as a group, then cancelling. I was supposed to have lunch with one today. I just called to talk about where to meet and she said do I mind if she cancels? For pete's sake!

The reason we scheduled lunch was in place of spending a couple days at her friend's beach house. She cancelled that and then said let's have lunch, and now she cancels lunch. No emergency, just a lot to do with guests coming this weekend and then off to visit her daughters next week. I'm sorry, but she knew that when she invited me.

I don't even care about the lunch, except I arrange my day around these plans. Another in this group does the same -- plan to go to a movie that evening and then calls at 5:30 to say she is too tired. This happens over and over again! One time we had concert tickets and she calls a few hours before to say she can't make it. Fortunately there were two others going, but her ticket went to waste.

These women are my friends and I certainly don't want to end the friendships but I am just getting so tired of this. I have other groups of friends who are always reliable, so I don't understand why this is such an ongoing problem for this bunch.

I am a reliable person. If I say I am going to be somewhere or do something, I show up unless there is a real reason why I can't. Maybe the problem is with me. I think if you say you are going to do something -- do it!

Anyway, thanks for listening. I needed to get that out. Are you annoyed by last minute cancellations?

Comments (25)