SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_sunshine

I am so glad yesterday is now past !!!!

country_sunshine
13 years ago

Yesterday morning, my Bob collapsed in the kitchen and I did manage to get him to his recliner. I got him a bit of toast, and something to drink which I did while we waited for the ambulance...... he was wanting food... NOW !! he was enraged by the fact he was unable to stand up on his own at the time. The medics were here in record time , about 25 minutes... .... but they had to drive a long way to get here...When they did get here..... Bob refused to put down his toast..... and was beligerant as a 5 year old... but they handled him really well... but reckon that is their training... thank goodness... When they took him in the amublance, I lost it and squalled like a beaten stepchild.... and my friend and neighbor called just as I was going out the door, so I told her what happened, and she came to the hospital and we sat and prayed together in the chapel.... she stayed for a couple of hours before I sent her on her way to get ready for wednesday evening praise and worhsip before bible study..... she is our worship leader at church.

At the hospital, they did blood work, ekg, ct scan and Xrays ..... All his blood came back okay except he is just a tiny bit anemic... but they said that isn't all that unusual...But his scan showed that he suffered a stroke...not a TIA, but a stroke... I have to take him to his Primary on Friday which is the next day he has office hours...... or back to ER if he has another episode... and I have to get in touch with his neurologist.

They suggested that he stay overnight, but Bob said if he can walk, he is walking outta there... so although they were reluctant, they told him okay, but to just take it easy and see the primary asap.. I am trusting God to let me know what I need to do here.....

I have to take him to his Primary either tomorrow or Friday.. or back to ER if he has another episode... and I have to get in touch with his neurologist.

Altogether is was quite a scary day for me... and if it were not for the presence of the Lord, I probably would have completely come apart.... This man and I have been joined at the hip for over 40 years and are as much or even more in love than we were when we married... He is weeks away from his 82nd birthday, and has lots of health issues besides his strokes... heart arythmia, emphysema (he still smokes a pipe ) so if you have a moment, would you lift him up in prayer...?? Please???

Thank you and God Bless you all,

Carolyn

Comments (28)