SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

Plaquenil info needed

ivamae
15 years ago

Have any of you taken plaquenil along with prednisone for polymyalgia or other forms of arthritis?

I was diagnosed with PMR in June/07 and have been struggling with it ever since. I started with 20 mg of prednisone, lowered to 15, back up to 20. Finally got it down to 2 mg and have had a very, very bad flare up for some reason. To begin with the rheumatologist was not certain of his diagnosis as the symptoms weren't completely as expected . Nor did I follow the expected results of the prednisone. He felt that there was something else along with the PMR but hasn't been able to pin point it. I saw him again yesterday and he still feels the same way. He has now added 400mg daily of plaquenil. He says it may help, it may not, it may cause skin reactions or stomach problems and we won't know for several months if it has helped. I have been under a great deal of stress for several years due to health problems of my family, besides my own. What causes the flare ups? I don't know of anything I did. I rest for an hour or 2 in the morning and at least 2 hours in the afternoon.

I have posted on the health forum but it moves pretty slowly - just like I am, personally, at the present time

I would appreciate all your comments.

Thanks

Comments (10)