SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

Not even sure how to title this...long...

Vickey__MN
15 years ago

This is not going to be a pretty post, and I apologize for that, but I just really feel a need to post thi...

Last Sunday I found out my youngest brother was in Jail, he had been since last Friday. charges...Domestic Violence and Terroristic threats. He beat the sh** out of my sister-in-law and threatened to kill her. As all the story is unwinding people are "taking sides" even though they are "saying" they're not. She is estranged from her family, has few friends (of course, he wouldn't let her have her own friends). It is awful. The stories she tells, and I don't understand how someone can do what my brother did to someone he "says" he loves.

He used her as a punching bag. Why, she left the soup out to cool, and forgot it overnight, so it had to be thrown out. That justified his holding a gun to her head, a knife to her throat. Apparrently hitting her over the head with a sword (flat side thank goodness) punching her, kneeing her in the crotch (she didn't remember how she got that bruise, it was her 10 yr old daughter who said..Mom, that's where Dad kneed you in the crotch, don't you remember). Tried to run her over with their truck. The black and blue marcks are so black, the only time I've seen them so black is when a person's been in a car accident. I literally thank God for the neighbor that's been watching for her safety, and the police who left a plain clothed cop and stayed close so that when he came back a short time later, they caught my brother and put him in jail before he could do more damage.

So now to my family (though I may have been disowned by my dad). My dad said that "there are two sides to every story" I said yes, but nothing justifies that kind of treatment. He couldn't intimidate me to get me to change my mind (and I was oh so calm, he hates that), that he rudly said good bye and hung up on me! I know my dad I really don't think he'll talk to me again, and I don't think I'm even remotely hurt by that. He's already told my sister-in-law to drop the charges. She can't, even IF she wanted to, it's the city pressing charges, not her!!!!

One brother is saying "Right now it seems everyone is running on emotions and not necessarily on facts or truths, and, proper judgment can only be based on facts and truths" Okay, bruises and Eye witness;s are not facts and truths?

Other brother said "...as soon as we go on a witch hunt

were no better then him. The process of due process is there for a reason. It not only tries the guilty it is also there to protect the innocent." Excuse me, she is the innocent here, not the jailbird.

We also found out the jailbird had cheated AT LEAST once on my SIL, and thank goodness when she told me that I said to get treated for STD's because he gave her SYPHLISS (sorru if I spelled that wrong).

He would make the kids watch the beatings. The kids themselves would be punished severly if they didn't behave "right".

He's charged with 2nd degree assult, and could face 7 years in prison is what we're hearing. Court date is 11/17. He is choosing to stay in jail rather than be bailed out, which is great because seriously our fear is that if he gets out, he will kill my SIL. The police have literally told her to keep a loaded gun by her bed (away from the kids), and protect herself however she has to.

There is much more that I didn't write, but thank you for listening. I've had to be strong for her, I have "chosen sides" and my side is for my nieces and nephew and my innocent SIL. I don't know, I may disown that brother, do I ever want to see him again, would I be sad if something happened to him...maybe for a little bit, for that little kid I remember, but not for the monster he's become.

Vickey-MN

Comments (38)