SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours, Sun., Oct. 12

alisande
15 years ago

My son took this yesterday from the top of his 12-story ham radio tower. It's not our barn, but isn't it pretty?

Comments (25)

• sharonann z5 Ont
    15 years ago

That is simply beautiful.
    Would you mind if I saved it as a background.

Sharon

• alisande
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Be my guest. My son will be flattered. I told him it looks like a postcard. Thanks!

• mcmann
    15 years ago

Susan - that is absolutely gorgeous. Can Joey take a photo of your flower beds next year from that vantage point? And are you admitting that you don't have a huge tractor so that you can mow your lawn into a beautifully manicured field?

Now I'm really disappointed that we couldn't make it to the mountains this week. The foliage network reported that it's near peak in our area. At least my son is entertaining guests from New York city there this weekend so some one can appreciate the fall colors.

• alisande
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mcmann, my son took a picture of the house, too (I'll post it tomorrow), and looking at that I'd say the flower beds wouldn't show up. Too many trees in the way. Nice idea, though!

• casey_nfld
    15 years ago

• ronf_gw
    15 years ago

Today is my middle (of 5) childs 22nd birthday. For the first time ever he won't make it home for his birthday. He's a senior at college this year and his work load is pretty intense.
    Here he is just beginning his education; the first day of kindergarten.
    Notice that gap toothed smile. He knocked out a front tooth when he was racing through the living room and fell into the back of a chair.

{{!gwi}}

Ron

• vicki_lv_nv
    15 years ago

I love the photo Susan! Casey, is that a Willow Tree Angel I see? Ron, your son looks all to ready to go.

• grammahony
    15 years ago

Ron, cute picture. I like the little brother in the background too. He looks onery.
    Leslie

• ronf_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks, Leslie. No, he doesn't have an ornery bone in his body. He's laid back with with a very friendly disposition. Always a smile on his face and he has a huge circle of friends. He's been the easiest kid to raise.
    Little brother in the background has a birthday on Tues. They're 2 years and 2 days apart.

Ron

• bigack
    15 years ago

Great pics today! Here's DH scrubbing a spot on his driveway, he's so picky, lol!

• alisande
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susan, I might be picky, too, if I had a driveway as civilized as yours! Mine is dirt, grass, and whatever gravel the snowplow leaves behind.

Ron, how sweet! I miss those little kids sometimes.

• casey_nfld
    15 years ago

Vicki yes I collect them, I have about 25.

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

A small bronze statue I found while walking around on a rainy day in Hakodate, Japan.
    Hakodate is on the Northern most island in Japan near Nagano where the Winter Olympics where held in 1998.

{{gwi:1553410}}

Jodi-

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

Whoops, not sure what was running through my brain a few moments ago, but Hakodate *is not* near Nagano, it's on the same island as Sapporo, home of Sapporo beer.

Jodi-

• IndianaKat
    15 years ago

WOW!!!!!! What beautful pix today. Susan started me thinking about old family photos, so for the last week or so I've been going through and scanning some of the ones I have (which is not a whole lot I'm afraid). Here are the only pix known of me when I was about a year old. Don't know where they were taken but they are evidently professionally done (my parents never owned a camera that I recall....too expensive...LOL). My Mother told me they were taken at the same time....they removed the snowsuit for the second photo....got some more of the family too that I'll post in the next couple of days.....

~Kathy~

• alisande
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, you are so cute, Kathy!! And you look happy, too. (You were probably thrilled to get that snowsuit off under the hot lights.) :-)

Glad I got the ball rolling.

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

Fall in Germany. This road was leaving Peterswald, where I used to live, it led to Zell down on the Mosel river.

• OklaMoni
    15 years ago

Some of the pictures are not coming up for me right now. Can't wait to see the one from Germany. ;)

Here's my contribution for today:

it was cold this morning again, and we ended up eating breakfast in a restaurant

{{!gwi}}

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

Great photos everyone.
    Susan, that picture is too pretty for words.
    I've also been scanning old photos. Here's one of me on the left, my older sister on the right and one of my brothers in front. This was taken about 1951 or 52.

{{!gwi}}

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

Taken from Mt. Constitution on Orcas Island

• vicki_lv_nv
    15 years ago

What great pictures today! It is hard to pick a favorite!

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

LOL Linda, your older sister looks like a kid that you probably didn't mess with - MUCH! LOL All of the children are beautiful, by the way.

Great photos today. I'm too lazy to go and hunt one up. I'll just enjoy "Show and Tell" today and not participate! LOL

Thanks, everybody.

• socks
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for posting. Such wonderful pix.

Susan, I'm using that one for a background too, for a few days until it's replaced by something else I love!

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

Susan, the photo is beautiful! I want to live in that clearing.

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

I''m using it as a backdrop too! For a couple days until I miss my grandson, and have to put his picture back.