SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosepetal2

when it rains it pours...............

rosepetal2
15 years ago

My Mom was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia yesterday her blood pressure dropped to 60/40 last night. She's 91 years old and has been suffering from Alzheimers since '92 but it got worse after Dad died in '94. We moved her to the town where I was living into a retirement apt and I went over and checked on her and prepared meals for her. I got divorced and moved away 9 years ago today. Her ability to live on her own ended and she moved in with my sister. After a few years with her my other sister took her to live with her and Mom's health failed even more as the alzheimers progressed. We put her into a nursing home after she was admitted to hosp and they thought she'd only survive a few weeks....that was 4 years ago. She weighs 70 pounds, hasn't walked on her own in 7 years, has been bedridden and not talking for the past 5 years. Her life consistes of sleeping in a fetal position, being fed pureed food and just existing. Her care at the nursing home has been excellent and she has had a few days when she would talk a little. It would be a blessing if she could go be with Dad (his birthday in Fri Nov 6 and that would be the perfect present we could give him). My sisters are staying with her at the hospital, I'm waiting for "the call" to get on a flight back. (I live in England now)

On another note, some of you may remember I posted about a month ago that a burned body found in a barrel in Colo might be my sister's step daughter............they just found out this week it was her. Her arms had been severed and she was put into a barrel of oil and burned leaving only a few bones for identification.

I don't ask for healing prayers for Mom, rather that she can finally go be with Dad like she's been wanting since 1994.

Diane

Comments (29)