SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

When it rains, it pours....and then it all freezes...whaaaa!

User
5 years ago

It all started last Thursday morning when DH yelled out to me that the microwave had died. It’s 13 years old and has been on the frits for a while. The downside is that it’s an over the stove unit with unique sizing; it’ll be a pain to find a replacement but whatever, I added it to my project list and went about my day.

Then later that night and without any warning DH’s computer died. He fiddled around with it for a while and got it working again, but it’s old and not worth spending money on for parts, so guess what’s on his Christmas list this year? (if it even lasts that long) It’s lived a very long life though and while the timing could‘ve been better it wasn’t a huge surprise. If that was all, I wouldn’t have complained but yesterday, while running errands with DH, I had 3 boxes to drop off at UPS. DH was loading the feather light boxes into his car when he tripped over a curb. Down he went landing on a mud covered sidewalk in a funny but painful looking position. Nothing broke (which with Myeloma can be a disaster), but he said he hurt a tendon in his leg. The day’s plans to winterize had to take a back seat so he could nurture it for a bit. It wouldn’t have been a big deal but he procrastinated a couple of weeks ago because it was drizzling out. Now the icey temps have hit early and just as we feared, the bell on the pressure valve for the sprinkler system has exploded and the pipes have ice in them. Last time something like this happened the valve cracked and it cost 400.00 to completely replace it and fix the pipes. And as if that wasn’t enough, last night, we heard a very loud sound coming from the well tank in the basement. It’s loosing pressure when it’s filling so something is either wrong with the pressure switch or worse the well pump is going out, both of which will be pricey to fix. It’s 30 years old and the next thing on our to do list, but really, couldn’t it have waited just one more year? Geeze....

Comments (41)