SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

Calling all New Yorkers (those familar with the city)

debo_2006
12 years ago

DH and I are looking to get away over the Christmas holiday for a few days. We were thinking of the Caribbean for a week but with high season, everything is marked up 40% including airfare. Since we'll taking several vacations in 2012, we want to do this on a budget. We're only a 2 hour drive from NYC but have never gone up there over the holidays. Can anyone tell me what's open on Christmas Day? FYI, we're not interested in seeing the Rockettes at Radio City.

BTW, I did a web search on Xmas day in the city and didn't find too much. So, if you're familiar with what there is to do on Christmas Day in the city, let me know.

I figured we'd take the subway to Ground Zero to see how it's coming along since it was a hole last time we check it out. I read there are some great flea markets in the fab Bryant Park, and we'll check out the decorated store windows that are suppose to be magnificiant, along with the infamous tree display. Anything I'm missing besides finding a great place to eat a good meal Xmas day.

I already reserved a hotel few blocks from Times Square at a reasonable rate considering the holiday.

Thanks.

Comments (12)