SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

My feet are still too swollen for shoes

caroline94535
10 years ago

On the 6th I had ingrown nails removed from each side of both big toes. I had the entire nail removed from both "second" toes.

The shots to numb the toes were terribly painful, but the procedure was a breeze. They didn't hurt that much afterward; I took an 800 mg Motrin once a day for three days. They still don't hurt much, but they are so swollen and weepy.

I've worn sturdy, open toe sandals since Friday. This morning I tried to put on my lace-up walking shoes so I could pick tomatoes without getting the toes wet. My toes would not fit in the shoes. My feet are swollen to the point I have to cut a slit into the cuffs on my ankle socks.

I'm soaking my feet in Epsom salts twice a day; putting the antibiotic drops on the toes three times a day, changing the bandages three times a day, and changing my socks at least twice a day.

I see the doctor again on Monday, the 16.

I will say, even with the swelling and the weepy gunk, my feet hurt far less now than they did before the surgery.

For those of you that have had this surgery, is there anything else I should be doing for the wounds?

Comments (21)