SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

SVU...Law& Order

Lily316
10 years ago

Anyone see it ? Pretty powerful show, and Haggerty should surely get an Emmy nomination for this.

Comments (23)

• Lily316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry, Hargitay...(I have no idea where that spelling came from...lol)

• sleeperblues
    10 years ago

Didn't see it, but I'll go online and watch it. Used to watch it all the time, but sometimes shows like SVU and Criminal minds are too disturbing. I'll let you know what I think.

• Granlan_TX
    10 years ago

I was switching back and forth between Criminal Minds and SVU...both shows so intense and disturbing. I did get to see all of the second hour of SVU and thought Olivia was amazing!!

Will try to catch the first part on Hulu. Looking forward to seeing part two of Criminal Minds next week.

• Lily316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sleeper, it IS very disturbing and affected Hargitay deeply , she says. All her cast and crew were traumatized, since it seemed so real the way it was portrayed.

Criminal Minds is many times very disturbing too, but these are both shows I always watch. What does that say about me?...lol

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I have taped (pvr'd) Law and Order and will watch it tomorrow. Every once in a while I do have to take a break from Criminal Minds. I get creeped out by the fact that these stories have some truth in them and for those that don't, that some writer has the mind to think these stories up and write about them.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

I enjoy L&O very much and have for years. An interesting tidbit.....did you know that Mariska's mother was Jane Mansfield? Her father was Mickey Hargitay, one time Mr. Universe.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

I'm mostly listening, some watching it, at work. Whoa. Intense isn't strong enough to describe it. Thanks for the head's up.

Here is a link that might be useful: full episode from NBC

• sleeperblues
    10 years ago

Lily, wow! Had me in tears at the end when she was talking to the girl about not only surviving, but thriving. Mariska is an excellent actress, no doubt.

Blfenton, I'm with you on your thoughts as to Criminal minds. My thoughts exactly that there is probably some truths to those horrors. Both excellent shows, but not light viewing.

I did know Mariska's lineage. The first time I heard that was several years ago. She is a beautiful woman, from good looking parents.

Wasn't that the mayhem guy playing her boyfriend? Can't mistake that voice. And the kidnapper was on a couple seasons of Weeds, playing a crazy eastern european drug dealer. He's very good at playing creepy characters.

• alisande
    10 years ago

I saw it, and was impressed.

Yes, she was a 3-year-old when Jayne Mansfield died. She was in the back seat with her two brothers, all of whom were unhurt. The adults in the front seat were killed. A gruesome experience for those children, but Micky Hargitay and his third wife must have done an exceptional job of raising them.

• Lily316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I remember the crash which killed her mother. I like her a lot and was wondering if her former partner was maybe coming back since she mentioned him. SVU often takes stories from the headlines. The second part was loosely based on Castro's story. Notice they mentioned whether the creep would last in prison?

Criminal Minds is downright dark most of the time, but I still like it and watch it every week.

• alisande
    10 years ago

I'd love to see Chris Meloni come back, even temporarily....

Will Stabler return?

• sleeperblues
    10 years ago

Oooh, I love him. There are not many men I am attracted to, but he rocks my boat!

• alisande
    10 years ago

Me too. Just about tips it over. ;-)

• kittiemom
    10 years ago

I used to watch it & really liked it. I've been so busy that I had to cut back on something & tv was it, so I haven't seen it lately.

• susan_on
    10 years ago

Lol... so funny, Susan. I feel the same way about Meloni.

I watched that episode of SVU and felt it intensely. She acted so well, and so believably. You can imagine her character reacting exactly the way she did. I had to watch it in three parts, because it seemed so real and disturbing. I needed breaks! Lol!

• juellie1962
    10 years ago

I have it taped; not sure I want to watch it. At least I know she survives, but is she tortured? If so, I don't want to see it.

• sleeperblues
    10 years ago

It is more emotional torture, although there is some physical. He beats her, forces her to drink vodka, with holds water. I'm not sure if she is raped. I think not because she is telling him he is not man enough for her. But others are-it's not really shown.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

SVU -- I could never watch it. Too painful. I don't see how the suffering of children makes for entertainment, but I am a softie when it comes to kids. I'm not a fan of crime shows in general. However, I loved the Sopranos and now Breaking Bad. Maybe I am on the side of the bad guys?? That is certainly not the case in SVU, of course.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

I stopped watching Criminal Minds for the reasons already mentioned in these posts. While I like the cast, the shows became too dark and heavy. I don't watch LO-SVU as much, anymore either, for the same reasons. There are already too many awful things happening in the world for me to choose to watch them on TV.

• Lily316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can separate my fiction shows from the real thing, so I watch them both(Criminal Minds and SVU). It's upsetting to watch but I can admire the wonderful acting.

However, the real life stories have me in tears. The one where the NRA cretin shot an elephant in the face, and drank champagne while it moaned and cried and died made ME cry. And it was shown on TV...NBC sports cable show.

• juellie1962
    10 years ago

I think I'll delete it and pick up next week. For some reason I just don't like watching painful things..... :)

• linda_in_iowa
    10 years ago

I DVR it so that I never miss it. I will have to be sure to watch that one.
    I did not know she was Jayne Mansfield's daughter. I remember when she died in an auto accident. My dad was a Jayne fan and really took it hard when she died.

• lindyluwho
    10 years ago

Mariska Hargitay has always been excellent as Olivia Benson but she was outstanding this past week. I was thinking Emmy too!