SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcmann_gw

Who can you trust anymore? A short story.

mcmann
15 years ago

We received a phone call from a man who did some landscaping for us at our vacation place in the PA mountains. He saw 2 men with a truck and log splitter taking down oak trees, splitting it for firewood and loading it on their trucks. He felt a little unsure about it and thankfully called us to see if we had given permission. We did not!

So we called the police and it turns out that the man stealing our trees is the man we've paid for the last 8 years to plow the driveway in the winter. He tried telling the police that we had a deal but admitted to selling it. The police officer called us immediately and asked if we wanted to prosecute. Feeling a little sorry for the guy my husband let him go with a warning that if he ever showed up again we would call the police.

I don't feel that sorry for the guy. We drove up to our vacation home and discovered that he had cut down 5 trees and removed at least 2 cords of wood. I wish I knew of some way to protect our property. It's too large to fence. It's posted but that doesn't stop the poachers either. Now I'm hoping that the landscape fellow doesn't get any ideas about taking firewood - it would look like the plow man did it.

OK - I feel better now. I just needed to complain to someone. But honestly it's hard to know who to trust.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio