SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

Gestational Diabetes

nicole_ont
15 years ago

I flunked my glucose tests last month.

I have to go to a diabetes clinic on Thursday and get a glucometer and strips and stuff, and I have to see an endocrinologist and a dietician. I'll have to check my blood sugar several times a day. I'm going to have to watch what I eat very carefully, charting the food I eat and my sugar levels. And I have to go to the hospital every 2 weeks from now until the end of my pregnancy to have my weight, urine and blood pressure checked and I have to have an ultrasound every 2 weeks to check on the size of the baby. I don't think I'm going to need medication or insulin.

Did any of you have Gestational Diabetes with your pregnancies? I'm curious to know how it was treated and how soon after delivery it went away. I know it varies from person to person.

I'm off to the hospital now for an ultrasound to check on the position of the placenta - it was a little too close to my cervix when I had my last one. And I have to go to get an echocardiogram tomorrow to see what's up with my crazy super-speedy heart.

Isn't pregnancy fun? :)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus