SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carabubble

Drowning in things

carabubble
11 years ago

I want to paint my bedroom, but before I can do that I need to clean the room out. Seems like the place has become a respository for a million things. Stacked in the corner near my bed must have been about a hundred books from yard sales and such. In talking with my father I said my plan was to keep only the amount I could fit into a box and pass along the rest to other readers or Good Will, even though I hadn't read them yet. Course not even half-way through that strategy I could see the "writing on the wall" and switched from the printer box I had grabbed to a bigger box!

My problem is magazines. I have a ton of garden magazines. Some aren't even published anymore. How do you decide to pare them down? Several years ago I spent some time looking through a bunch of them, pulling pictures out of some and sticking little pieces of paper inside others to mark as keepers. But it seems these things are like rabbits - I swear they've multiplied, even though I don't subscribe to anything these days. Who among you also hang onto magazines? Where or how do you keep them? But really, Ishould be hoping that someone responds who would like to act as my sponsor and help me thin the herd out.

Comments (27)