SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

The Country Manor Chronicles

azzalea
15 years ago

Just got back from another visit to our new home.

Met more of the neighbors. Ohhh!!! One owns a bakery! Another told us to watch out for this one, that one, that other one who wants to know everyone's business.... (well, we had her figured out pretty quickly, there's on in every neighborhood, and we've dealt with 'her' before--hopefully we'll be able to co-exist peacefully).

Poor DH spent a good part of the past 2 days cutting the VERY overgrown, very large lawn (sellers were so apologetic, but their lawnmower has been on the fritz and they couldn't cut it before settlement). And now--we're home, it's after dinner and he's outside the window next to my computer--CUTTING the lawn here. Poor baby. But he does enjoy it--not sure if he enjoys this much lawn cutting in 2 days, though--LOL!

and then there was the paint problem. Oh, what a Freudian slip--when I typed that last sentence, I somehow typed in 'pain' for paint. Anyway. I spent most of the weekend painting. First the sewing room. It was blue, but the wrong shade for the cute border I'd picked out, so I redid that and hung the border. The room turned out gorgeous! Then I started on our bedroom. Wanted it a nice, light taupy beige. Went to buy the paint. Salesman told me he was out of that base, but he could make it up using a different one--it would be fine. Okay, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Well, you wouldn't believe what my wall looked like after I started with it! (seriously, I've seen that color in messy diapers before!) Took that can of paint back. Went to another store. NOOOOOOoooooo--she was out of the base for the color, too, but guaranteed she could make it with another brand. She seemed a little more with it--so I let her. Looks okay, but we'll see this weekend. But now, I'll have to put at least 2 coats of primer on the walls to hide the messy diaper color that's on there now... Oh, well, I'll feel good about it when the room is done.

DD and her best friend from HS came to visit--the girl I always called, 'my other daughter'. Haven't seen her in a while. When she arrived, I gave her a big hug, and told her that it had been so long, I'd had to buy a house in her neighborhood so I could see her (she lives not too far away from the 'new' house).

Oh, I found a new way home that shaved about 2 more miles off the trip (it varies between 32.3 to almost 39 miles, depending upon the route you choose). I've been working on finding the shortest, easiest route, and keep trying different ones.

And the wild turkeys visited again. They're so cute--and spent a good bit of time in my back yard.

Comments (4)