SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Best retirement communities' evaluation: ole joyful's surprise

joyfulguy
15 years ago

Boy, did I just get a big surprise!

I used to live in, and now live near, London, Ontario ...

... a city that was just designated to be in a tie for second place in an evaluation of many U.S. and Canadian cities regarding a good place to retire - in a study carried out by a professor emeritus at a Univ. in California (who retired to Portland).

When I went to Yahoo Canada's Finance section, then looked at Retirement, they had a story on the best places to retire.

As I said, according to that prof., my city tied for second in his evaluation!

Whadda ya know!

The others tied were two U.S. cities - sorry, I forget their names ... went to check: Boulder CO and Portland OR.

Here's the link (better look soon - don't know how long it may be available ... you know how quickly the internet changes): http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/retirement/article/canadianbusiness/28/theyre-golden-the-best-places-to-retire

They gave the title of his presentation, but I don't know whether it was an article, a book, or what ... the story was carried in "Canadian Business" magazine.

First place? Victoria, B.C.

Good wishes for choosing carefully, evaluating well, so that you can be happy with the place that you choose to retire.

ole joyful

P.S. Sorry about the duplication, as this post made also on "Retirement" ... but few visitors there and I thought many of you might be interested.

o j

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living