SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Dishwasher sounding like cement mixer.

caflowerluver
15 years ago

DH just got home for the first time in 3 weeks Friday night. Of course 2 minutes after he is in the door I tell him about the funny sound the dishwasher has been making the last 2 times. It has been making a noise that sounds like a cement mixer or rock tumbler when it drains and pumps out water. He just pulled the dishwasher out and has it on its side while he takes it apart. It is only about 6-8 years old so should still have some life left. He found a piece of glass, the lip off of a Pyrex measuring cup, in the plastic cup of the drain pump. I don't know how that got there. It must have broken off when doing dishes and got inside the pump assembly.

It really scratched up the inside of the plastic drain pump. I found a place online that we can get a new one if we have to for $56. Cheaper then getting a new dishwasher. DH is going to put it back together and see if it sounds OK. With the piece of glass removed, it probably won't make that sound again. Fingers crossed that it is fixed. Can you imagine how much it would have cost to have a repair guy take it apart? DH sure is handy to have around. Just passing along the information in case yours ever sounds like that.

Clare

Comment (1)