SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

I have a gift idea for the person who has everything.

alisande
13 years ago

Recently I took a break from admiring my fingernails to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday. I'd had a hard time thinking of a present to give him, as he has a lot of "toys" and seems to have everything else he needs.

Since he just acquired a new sports car, someone suggested I get him a t-shirt and/or hat to go with it. While looking for those on eBay, I ran across people selling vintage advertising. There, in one of the ads, was his car! And there, in another ad, was the 1973 version of the car, both in the right color.

So I bought both, and picked up a couple of frames (on sale) at Michael's. The gift was a huge hit! He really was so pleased. I'm told he's going to hang them in his office.

I'm thinking this idea has all sorts of applications. Those sellers of vintage advertising offer ads on quite a variety of subjects. It isn't too early to start thinking about Christmas! (Uh-oh.......I can see some of you throwing tomatoes at me for that last line.) :-)

PS: In case you're straining your eyes (as I am), the ad on the right reads "Mmmmm........forbidden fruit."

Comments (19)