SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

'my weekend,' forgot to add the first bad event! lol

caroline94535
15 years ago

While listing all the "things that went wrong" this past weekend, I managed to forget the first event that kicked off snowballing chain of events. (Pray it doesn't snow now!)

The long weekend began with a horrible odor emanating from under the kitchen sink. It was vile. After removing the three Rubbermaid bins that hold cleaning supplies and peering into the abyss, we discovered the drain coming out of the garbage disposal has been leaking, and leaking, and leaking. Ugh.

When we moved in last fall, I made a false-floor for the sink cabinet. The 45-year-old one was stained, warped, peeling, and nasty looking. I scoured it clean, and cut a "new" floor to use until we worked our way through the house to the kitchen remodel. The temporary floor made the under sink area appear brighter. It lost its luster when soaked with grey water from the disposal. Shudder.

We removed everything, cleaned and dried the cabinet, and sealed off the left-hand sink so no more water could leak out through the garbage disposal.

The plumber was to be here by Wednesday; we knew he could quickly remove the disposal and re-rout the sink drain. That would work until we replaced everything in the fall with the new kitchen.

Of course, now the plumber has been delayed a week too.

The party continues!

Comments (4)