SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Food Challenge

azzalea
15 years ago

Here's a challenge for you--let's see what kind of creative solutions you can come up with.

The situation: new house doesn't have a fridge. I'm not in a hurry to buy one, since we're not living there fulltime yet. I have a small dorm fridge there, and generally take a plug-in cooler (for ice and drinks). We're usually there for 1-2-3 nights at a time. Luckily, we're less than a mile from the supermarket. Oh, I also have limited cooking utensils and ingredients there at this time.

Okay--given that situation, what easy foods would you be serving?

So far, I've bought pizzas/calzones at the grocery store and heated them up. One weekend I made my bbq bake (boxed cornbread, purchased BBQ, cheese). I think tomorrow, I'll go to the poultry farm and buy a roast chicken and potato salad--that will do for dinner, and the next night we can have bbq'd chicken sandwiches.

Give me some great ideas that are: inexpensive, don't take a lot of ingredients, don't take up loads of fridge space, and can be prepared with limited utensils (I have bowls, spoons, spatulas, whisks, knives, microwave etc, but haven't yet taken stuff like the food processor, mixer,)

Comments (12)