SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Crossword puzzles: on paper or computer/kindle/smartphone/etc.?

pammyfay
11 years ago

Never really been a big crossword person -- I'll do the one in the newspaper's TV guide (altho I'm getting worse at that cuz I don't watch a lot of the new hit shows, so I'm not up on character names), but I'm not in the daily habit of doing the regular newspaper crossword...

(You remember NEWSPAPERS, right? Those things that would be delivered every morning -- and afternoon, too, in some places!? And if you still get one, I THANK YOU for helping me pay my bills!)

Anyway, here's a question or three for you: Are you a stickler for doing your puzzle on paper? (and do you use a pen or pencil-- or erasable pen? that answer can be very telling!)

OR: Do you do them online or via an e-reader, tablet or smartphone app?

I've suddenly picked up the urge to do crosswords again, and I do both print (and just bought a small crossword book in B&Noble) as well as online. The online ones tell you immediately if you've put in a wrong letter (that might be a "feature" that can be turned off, I don't know). I think a crossword devotee would probably say that's a bad thing to have because it impairs critical-thinking skills.

So what's your standard-crossword-operating-procedure?

Comments (18)