SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephmc72_gw

We're getting a dog for 4 days!

stephmc72
13 years ago

As most of you probably know, I lost my baby, my Dakota last November and it's been very hard on me. The pain is still unbearable at times and I miss her so much. It feels like yesterday that I lost her.

We haven't gotten a new dog. I feel like I could be ready for one but my husband would like to wait until Camryn is a little older. He worries about a hyper little puppy around Camryn (the jumping, knawing, etc). I miss having a dog in my house though.

My sister in law has an almost 2 year old boxer that we're keeping for 4 days starting tonight. I am soooo excited, and Grant is equally excited. He still talks about Dakota alot and misses her. He's going to love having a dog around.

It's going to be bittersweet for me though because her dog, Captain, looks just like Dakota...literally, and his personality is just like hers. The first time I saw him after I lost Dakota I started crying because I felt like I was looking at her. Maybe for a few days I'll feel what it's like to have my girl around again. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH