SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

Monkeymama's post got me to thinking....

dotmom
14 years ago

Have you been in or had a car accident besides a fender-bender?

My aunt passed away and my car was in the shop, so I had to use DH company pickup to go to her services about 40 miles away. On the way home, a blizzard came up, (unpredicted) and it was a heavy wet snow. I was trying so hard to stay in the tracks of the car ahead of me, knowing if I got out of them, I would go in the ditch. Well, I did get out of them and sure enough I knew I was going in the ditch and when I saw how steep the ditch was, I knew I was going to roll. It's funny how I remember these thoughts like it all was happening in slow motion. I held on tight to the steering wheel, and luckily I was buckled in. Being dressed up for the funeral with high heels on, I had thought to put my winter boots in the truck cab, just in case. So when the truck came to a stop, upright but listing to the side, I found my boots and put them on, was able to get the door open and get out. I had to climb uo the embankment to the road, and luckily someone stopped and gave me a ride to a store about 1/4 mile down the road so I could call my husband. All I could think of is.....IT IS THE COMPANY PICKUP!! Lukily I was OK, just a good size bruise on my forehead where my boots hi me when I rolled, but the poor truck had $4000. worth of damage. I've been terrified of winter driving ever since. Later on today, I'll post about the funny things that happened after this accident. Dottie

Comments (8)