SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Have you tried JJ Virgin's food eliminations (or others)?

alisande
10 years ago

I've seen JJ Virgin give her talk on public TV. She looks great, and her message makes sense. She says many of us don't tolerate certain foods well, and this can be draining our energy and making us sick in various ways.

One of my neighbors, a couple in their 60s, watched the show and decided to give up the seven foods she talked about. I was thinking I should probably do the same--but then I'd have nothing left to eat since I've had to give up so many other things. Anyway, my neighbors can't believe how much better they feel! I think I should look into this. These are the seven foods: soy, peanuts, dairy, gluten, sugar, egg whites, and corn--plus artificial sweeteners (not actually a food).

JJ says to cut out all 7 for 21 days, then reintroduce them one at a time and see how you feel after each reintroduction to determine which should stay and which should go. Then for the rest of your life avoid corn, peanuts, sugar, and artificial sweeteners 95% of the time.

My biggest suspects would be dairy (yogurt only, but I eat a lot of it), soy, and peanuts. I hope I don't react to soy.....I love my tofu and soymilk!

A food elimination diet isn't exactly new, but JJ is a good salesperson. In any case, it makes sense to me. Anyone tried this?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio