SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

What's Happening? Long Boring Probable Yawn Factor

Cherryfizz
14 years ago

Post Explanation - Read at your own risk

I haven't really been able to get on here lately so tell me what has been happening with you all, how are your kids, your pets, your health, your love life (mine is sadly lacking)LOL, your jobs, your new grandbabies, your hobbies, your kitchen remodels, your vacations? I need it all in one thread. LOL

Not too much excitement going on in my life except that my niece Danielle is getting married on September 4th. She and her fiance have been living together for a couple of years and they have a baby boy Noah. Danielle wants to have another baby soon. They are getting married at City Hall and then my brother and SIL are hosting a wedding reception Bbq at their home which I am so looking forward to attending so I can see the rest of my family.

My sister Marjorie is doing great and is out of town for a few weeks. All through June she felt she was at deaths door and scared to death she wasn't going to live but now her outlook is so much better. She stayed with me for 2 weeks after her surgery and then came back again last week and now I am glad she is gone for awhile. I got tired of cooking and washing dishes all time with no help from her. I made her make her own breakfast though. I am done treating her like a Queen. Next time she comes to my house she is going to know she will be making me lunch and dinner for a change. LOL At least I got her trained to take her blood sugar and to get some exercise even if it is going up and down the hallway.

I am still loving Farm Town on Facebook. Do you know that silly application has brought me closer to my brother Ray? I knew he would love it when I sent him the link on Facebook. My SIL says she can't get him away from the computer because he has to "check his crops" LOLOL She says he stays up 'til all hours. But at least he is having an interaction with his family members. My brother Paul, Ray my nieces and I and a friend or two gather at one another's farms and we talk. LOL You see these little avatars with words coming out of a bubble like comics. I somehow think my brother Paul would not have felt comfortable coming together with the rest of us at Danielle's wedding but because there has been interation with another brother and his niece I think he feels more comfortable to attend the get together.

Besides interacting with a few Kter's on Farm Town I have met a couple of nice people as well. I don't see my KT farm friends too often because I tend to come on the computer late at night in the wee hours when most people are in bed. I can't help that I am a night owl. LOL I was born that way. I met a young Mum from Wales who comes on early before her baby wakes up and a nice woman from California. I told Dixie the woman from California how great the KT and the Cooking Forum so she is going to check us out. Most of the people I talk to are from Great Britain because everyone else in North America is in bed where they should be. LOL

I also really enjoy Facebook too. I guess I am just a "Nosey Parker" and want to see what everyone else is up to. I love that I can keep in touch with most of my 1st and 2nd cousins and my nieces and nephews. Everyone is having babies of their own and it is nice to see the family grow and at the same time I am reading about the health issues my older cousins are having or learning about the loss of one of them.

Most exciting thing in my life right now or soon to be - I am finally getting my hair cut and highlighted. Woo Hoo doesn't take much to make me happy. I have been letting my hair grow - it is down the middle of my back now and every time I feel a long hair fall on my arm I think it is a daddy long leg spider. Not good. I was letting it grow so that I could get all highlighting to grow out. I was debating on letting my hair go natural again but it would be more gray than mousy dirty blond. If it was a nice white gray or platinum I might consider it but I don't like the way it is now so I have decided after a year to get it coloured. Just in time for the wedding and I will treat myself to a new outfit as well.

Then there have been rumours about another Fall Election so we are just waiting to see what happens when the House goes back and for the Bills to be brought forward that might bring about a Motion of Non Confidence of the Government. That is what you get with a Minority Government. I think this might be our 4th election in 5 years or so. Who knows what the Governor General will do when the PM says his government can no longer function. She has it in her power to deny an Election if she feels it is not right for the People. The Returning Officer for our Riding called me up and says he has done some "job" shifting and one person isn't very happy with her future new position but it makes me a happy camper. The RO asked me after the last election if I wanted to change jobs and I said no so thankfully he didn't change my position. He said that it was good because he thinks my job is the hardest job in the office because of the time limitations on hiring over 600 people and I have the patience and confidence that they will all be hired. Last Election the Returning Officer was new and he was skeptical that I could hire so many people in the short amount of time plus standby workers as well. Everytime I told him to calm down it will be done he it made him worry all the more. Ye of little Faith. LOL

So that is my life as exciting as it is. Tell me about yours.

Anne

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths