SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

sjerin- here is what I found for adjustable beds...

ilmbg
14 years ago

I went to Billings yesterday to look at beds- Mattress King, Mattress Land and Denver Mattress. I ended up staying overnite, it took so long!

Mattress King has 3 different 'platforms'- they were good quality, quiet, but sort of 'jumpy' when they are in motion. I loved one of their mattresses- a Bamboo covering (all the rage right now), but even on sale it was still $1900/queen. The least expensive platform on sale was $1400+

Mattress Land had two different platforms- they were also good quality, and were quiet and moved smoothly. The platform was $1200+ on sale. I bought a VERY nice mattress there for $1400/queen. It is open cell latex with a pillow top foam top and heavy fabic cover. that keeps the body heat buildup from happening. Right now I don't remember the name of the mattress.

Denver Mattress had two platforms- both were quiet/smooth. They are not as 'heavily' built, at least in my mind, but was quiet/smooth. I bought a floor model with vibration/auto settings, zero gravity for $599/queen.

I thought there was a substantial difference in the mattresses- I have a Denver Mattress in the spare bedroom, but for this one, I passed on Denver Mattress.

I saved a few hundred dollars by buying the floor demo platform-

I like to sleep with my feet elevated, so slipping is not a problem. The mattress cover is also not a slick material. Also- there are 'wall-hugger' platforms, so when your head is elevated, the night stand is right at your side.

With so many types of mattresses, you will be sure to find something just right, although I found the better ones to start at $1,000/queen. (mattress only).

I can't wait to get it set up and try it out!

Comments (3)