SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

Yipee I got a bargain today....

pattico_gw
15 years ago

Denny had to leave his car at the shop today and wanted me to pick him up. I assumed we would be going home. But no, he wanted to get some lunch first. While heading there my daughter called me to remind me I was picking the kids up from early out at school....oops....I had forgotten. So I didn't have time to run home to grab a book to read while I was at their house.

I decided to stop at the grocery store and buy a Nora Roberts book. It was $14.95 with a 25% off. When I got to school I got the book out to read and happened to look at the receipt. She didn't give me my % off. After getting the kids settled in my car I drove back to store, my book and receipt in hand to get my money back.

She made a phone call , did a bunch of number punching, and started counting out my money. She gave me the full amount and picked up the book.

I said..."No, I want the book" I thought she had missunderstood me. She said their store policy was to refund the full amount when there was a mistake like that made....She put my book in the sack and said "Have a good day and enjoy your book!"

I was thrilled, because I shouldn't have bought the book anyway...LOL...I usually buy mine at the thrift for 59 cents.

Anyway...it made my day....

patti

Comments (7)