SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Is anyone watching Deadliest Catch?

FlamingO in AR
10 years ago

We just watched last week's episode, the one where the greenhorn on the Wizard finally got off the boat. I can't believe the juvenile behavior of the captain and crew on the Wizard. All because the greenhorn didn't want to get a Mohawk haircut for "good luck"? Geeze, grow up! The captain, Keith, got flat ugly about it a couple of weeks ago- he seemed to be thoroughly insulted because one person dared to be not as superstitious as he is (and he is very superstitious, he has all kinds of rituals and routines that he goes through). So he gets ugly about it and then the rest of the crew takes his lead and they did, too, and they took to bullying him and just being more horrid than usual to a newbie who only wanted to do his job, crab fish. Especially Freddie, the guy who I used to think was the kindest, friendliest worker on the Cornelia Marie and is now on the Wizard. He was soooo mean to this guy, relentlessly mean and intimidating.

Sure, the new guy made a few mistakes and lost his temper finally after some non-stop BS, I can't call it teasing because it was too mean, but he sucked it up and went back to work, and still the rest of the crew just wouldn't let up. Then another guy got in a mood and Keith blamed Dane for that, too! Gee whiz. Where's the logic? So Dane finally had enough and got off the deck and basically quit and it still didn't stop.

The oh-so-mature crew ended up hiding a dead octopus in the guy's bag as he was leaving, after Keith made him leave his bag unattended. (They'd been calling him a pu**y for days, a term I really don't like.) I figured they were going to pee in his bag, but I guess a dead sea creature is even worse. Talk about petty people! I hope no one ever applies for the greenhorn job on the Wizard ever again. They really showed their butts and it wasn't pretty. What a bunch of jerks. I've never liked Keith, he seemed to have major anger-management issues years ago and now he's shown that he hasn't changed or grown a bit. I dislike him almost as much as I don't like Elliot, the foul-mouthed guy who is hung up on the woman who left him and doesn't seem to care much about his crew's safety.

Even my husband, who thought Dane should have gotten the Mohawk just to get along (I was against it) has decided that the captain and crew were being bullies and unreasonable and making some bad decisions and setting a lousy example for others. I really hope this all bites the Wizard in their petty butts.

Are you watching? Any comments?

Comments (16)