SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

New Vernon picture

marilyn_c
15 years ago

Not a lot of visible changes this week. He is growing and his hair is getting thicker.

For a better comparison of how he is doing, here is his picture made 3 weeks ago when I first got him.

The little rubber squirrel is one I found at an estate sale last week. I had bought a cast iron squirrel to go on one of my gate posts several weeks ago, before I ever thought about raising a baby squirrel. I just wanted something to depict wildlife, and unfortunately, you don't find much of anything with possums on it. :)

I continue to take Vernon with me everywhere I go, unless I am sure I will be back home in a couple of hours. I still worry about him all the time, and check on him at least every 30 minutes when I am home. I am still so afraid I will lose him. Any little thing could go wrong and he would be gone, and so I am super vigilant. This is the most intensive care I have ever had to do for so long with an individual baby animal. I have raising baby possums down pat. I don't have to give it a second thought because I know I will get a good outcome. Little possums are so tough. Vernon just seems so fragile...but, anyway, he is

doing well and will keep you updated as long as you are interested. Thanks for the interest in him and your good wishes for him. Every little positive thought helps. ;)

Comments (43)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm