SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

building an Ark! the Houston flooding

I think we need to be building a really big ARK! Some have been asking what the situation is. So I thought posting a few links to some of the pictures viewers have been sending in to the news channels would be helpful.

My neighbor and I just went out in the Hummer to see what our situation is, we have one of the major creeks in Houston directly behind my house there is nothing but flat land between us, and Cypress Creek went over flood stage yesterday and is still rising rapidly. Houses very near by are underwater as well as other areas of North Houston because all the creeks feed off of each other.

The weather forecast currently is showing a model that is predicting this stalling over us Saturday and Sunday if that happens and does drop the large numbers of rain inches like has been happening we may all be floating away!. When it drops 10,11, 15 inches like it has been doing nothing can keep up with that kind of water.

So far we are very fortunate, my back yard does look much like a lake but the house is dry!! My neighbor has started picking up stuff and putting it in higher places. I need to do that too I guess this is all new to me but this house has been under water before and we are in a flood plain.

So here are some links for those that are interested.

Viewer photos: Friday brings more floods

Viewer photos: Thursday's floods

Streets, houses flood as storms pound Houston

The lightening has also been really bad, this house that was struck is in the same area I am.

Lightning strikes 2 homes

PHOTOS

Endless rains flood Cypress Creek, snarl traffic, bring power outages

this kind of tells the story

{{!gwi}}

Comments (23)