SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Lookbooks back at CVS for $50

chisue
12 years ago

Ravencajun had posted about these a while ago, but I couldn't find Lookbooks in any CVS stores. Last Sunday the CVS ad featured them, but again...none to be found. Weird. This isn't exactly the back of beyond; none in all of Chicagoland? I could buy them from CVS online, but for much more money.

I called the CVS home office in RI. Two days later our local CVS manager called to say he was holding two Lookbooks for me at the $50 price. He'd evidently heard from his boss. Previously he'd just yawned and said to 'try again another time'. We picked them up yesterday afternoon.

One of the two boxes had been opened previously and had no "Quick Start Guide", but since the other one did, I got started, charging both overnight.

I have one up and running -- connected to my WiFi with the update uploaded. (BTW, it didn't want my WiFi *password*. It wanted the WEP number.)

Now I'd like to beg for some help...

How long should the battery last in use? (And, can I just leave it plugged in while I use it?) Has anyone had to replace a battery?

How do I upload books from my city library?

Where is the white-on-black setting option?

The "Dictionary" comes up and accepts a word but won't bring up the definition. ???

Thanks! I've never had an e-reader or I-Pad. I think this is amazing for $50. BTW, our lackadaisical CVS manger said he "expects to get some in stock for the back-to-school season" -- which seems to me to have already begun. If you see it *advertised* but can't find one, call the home office.

Comments (6)