SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firemanswife_gw

Frustrated with my sister and her mother in law...

firemanswife
13 years ago

Last year my sister's mother in law decided that she would like to take her grandkids (my sisterÂs kids) for two weeks in the summer. My nephew wasn't able to come but my niece was excited to come for a visit. She was 12 at the time. They live in Idaho and their grandma and my husband and I live in Nevada, we are about 8 hours away from my sister and her family.

She met my sister in Salt Lake on a Saturday and brought my niece home with her. That Monday I get to work and I have a million messages on my phone asking that I call my DH or "grandma" ASAP. I am panicking thinking something has happened to my niece. I call "grandma" and she said that she forgot she had to go out of town on a business trip and she's going to be dropping my niece off at my work! I live 45 minutes from my work so it's not like I could even take her to my house.

We did the best we could and made the best out of the situation and we had a great time with her. It made it a little rough on us because of our schedules but we did it. Her grandma picked her up Saturday night on her way through and took her back to Salt Lake the next day.

This last Sunday she picked up both kids in Salt Lake to spend the next two weeks with her. My nephew is out at the ranch with his grandpa and my niece is here in town. She called me Monday while her grandma was at work and asked if I could please bring her lunch that her grandma didn't have anything in the house to eat. I am thinking she's being a spoiled 13 year old and doesn't want to fix herself anything, so I run and grab us a sandwich and take it to her. She wasn't kidding. There wasnÂt a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk...nothing.

I have taken her out to eat for lunch every day this week. I talked to her yesterday and she was in tears all she does is sit around the house and watch tv all day then at night when her grandma gets home from work she orders them something for dinner then she goes in her room and reads leaving my niece alone again!

Needless to say I am picking her up after work tonight, I called off work tomorrow to take her swimming and she will be with me the rest of the time.

I cannot believe this woman and I am a little hacked at my sister!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Comments (11)