SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Having a Bad Day- Sorry (Long)

jannie
12 years ago

Woke up at six, having a bad day. This morning our dog threw up. Yesterday I spoke to my brother about our deceased Mom's estate. He's in the process of clearing out her house. It was terribly packed with clutter. In the attic he found old clothes, even clothing belonging to our Grandparents, who have been dead for 45 years. In the basement he found - get this !!!- six hundred and forty folding chairs, all bent and rusted. He hauled them in his truck to a scrap metal place that paid him $30. He figures the clean-out will take him 2 more years. and he won't let anyone help. He's determined to do it all himself. I'm too far away to help-450 miles. And our sisters volunteered to help but he won't let them in her house. Yesterday my daughter (age 21) told me she's been diagnosed by our family doctor with IBS (Irritable Bowel syndrome). Her own dog (a six year old mix) has terminal cancer. Our MD told her there's no treatment for her IBS, except to avoid foods that trigger an attack. Her main problem is diarrehea, pain and spasms. My heart breaks for her- she's a very sweet young girl, smart and beautiful. I've never had gut problems, but it seems to run in my husband's family. His (late) Mom and his sister both had surgery to remove part of their colons. Both DH and his brother have IBS and must watch their diets carefully. High fibre, no nots, etc. And of course, both DH and I have serious health issues-I have kidney failure ,on dialysis and waiting for a transplant. DH has multiple sclerosis and "Alzhymer's-like" symptoms. Bad short-term memory, no longer able to drive, can get around the house but needs a scooter outdoors. Sometimes I just feel like crying. Why has God cursed us so? Sorry if this seems like I'm having a pity-party for myself. I'm just so down today. We do have an appointment today at 4 this afternoon with our family therapist. And a belated lunch date with hubby's brother and wife. I am looking forward to that- a chance to go visiting and forget our problems for a little while.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville