SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Good Morning!

Kathsgrdn
11 years ago

It's hot here again in KY. We've had non-stop rain since I started my vacation a week ago. It finally stopped yesterday. I'm waiting for the ground to dry out before I go out and do any yard work. I have trees to cut down and weeds to cut down and trees & bushes to trim.

We have new neighbors next door to us and they are the noisiest people in the world. They have 7 or 8 cars, part of them are parked in back of their house. The guys are constantly slamming their cars doors, day and night. It used to be so quiet here, not anymore. I don't know if they are a bunch of guys who bought a house together or a family with older kids. All I've seen are young guys outside.

I'm also trying to clean out the house. I took a carload of stuff to Goodwill over the weekend and have more. The local Humane Society is having a booth at the 127 yard sale this year so I'm going to donate the rest of my junk to them.

Alex is moving out which means I have huge boxes of his books in my livingroom right now. He is a bookaholic. We had a lot of them on my wall unit, they are mostly hardback copies of fantasy books. The covers were so much prettier than my books, which took their place-lol.

We've decided to get another exchange student this year, a male this time. He's from Turkey and he'll be staying in Alex's room. So, I'm trying to move out all my stuff from that closet. That's where I've had all my stuff over the last couple years since Alex was mostly living in the dorms.

Lauren is now able to drive. She got her permit last week. I let her drive once and don't know if I want to do it again-lol.

One of our first exchange students has come back to visit, Maria. She's going to be here till sometime in September. She starts college in Spain this year. She wants us to come visit next summer so I'm going to try and save for it.

I had to go to Wal-Mart last night for something and picked up the book, Killing Lincoln. It's really good and couldn't put it down last night. I fell asleep reading it.

I bought some black spray paint to paint Alex's old dresser. It was black when we bought it in a second hand store before he was born. I painted it off white and put cute animal decales on the drawers.

Got a lot to do this week...now if I can just stay off the computer long enough to get it all done. ( :

What are you doing today?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!