SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy813_gw

Well here it is--My usual sad holiday post

kathy813
15 years ago

I really don't mean to complain but my friends here are the only ones I have to talk to. Holidays really get me down no matter how hard I try. I get to thinking of the happier times I've had. My Dad would always grill out on the 4th. It is always so hot in Alabama that grilling was a chore. Now my Dad is in a nursing home and won't speak to me because I put him there. I know I need to buck up and get going on something positive today but I also know there are many people feeling like I do today. So if there are any here, know that we will get thru this day and hopefully many more. Being alone today is much better than going thru HE!! with a spouse or family. Thanks for listening--after shedding a few tears writing this I feel better. I guess it is just getting to vent. I am blessed at 56 to still be able to work and I have two children that love me. I always check the KT at least twice a day but days like this I check it several. It comforts me to know what the rest of y'all are doing today or what you have on your mind. Thank-you for letting me be a part of the KT.

Comments (29)