SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

The Past, The Present and The Future (Ronnie's Last *Gift* to Me)

country_bumpkin_al
15 years ago

Years ago when we still had young'uns at home...and actually got $$ BACK on Income Taxes, Ronnie & I would spend that money a hundred times (in our minds) before we actually got the check!. I'd always always ask him if he was going to give me some of it to be JUST mine..to spend anyway I wanted. He always did! He was the only one working then, so any time I got extra money, I felt so RICH!! I usually ended up blowing it on little things here and there...and never really had anything to show for it! 'Course the kids grew up and most of the time we ended up owing taxes instead of getting anything back!

So,this year when we found out we'd be getting the Stimulus Check...I started kidding him about giving me half of it...to spend anyway I wanted. He'd told me I could have half and yep...I could get anything I wanted! My plan was to get another laptop so I could spend more time with him in the livingroom, instead of being in the next room. We got the check the Saturday after he got out of the hospital. He started feeling worse, and spending that money and getting a laptop was the last thing on my mind.

After he died..the laptop just wasn't important anymore. Then, one morning I was sitting on the porch with my coffee and I thought....I'm getting me a ring with the money he'd promised me! Something that would actually MEAN something to me. Didn't me take long to decide it HAD to a Past/Present/Future ring (with 3 diamonds)!! One diamond for the "Past" 40+yrs. I had with him. One diamond for the "Present", and one diamond for my "Future" without him!

So, on Monday my best friend & I spent the day going from place to place, looking and looking. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for...but knew I'd know it when I saw it. I didn't want something with big stones...my hands are too small, but I didn't want little-bitty "chips" either. We'd about decided I wasn't going to find "it" and had already planned to go shopping again Thursday (her next day off). We went to one other place..and there it was! Sitting right there in the counter! And to make it sweeter...it was in the price range I'd set for myself! SOLD!!! I feel like it's his last *gift* to me...even though he isn't here!

Here it is. Not the greatest pic..but it's so danged hard to take pictures of jewelry!

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (48)