SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Surgery Report

jannie
11 years ago

Thursday I went into Ambulatory Surgery hospital to have my dialysis fistula on my left arm fixed, closed and shut down. I had my successful kidney transplant in January so no longer need the big bulgy vein. I went in at ten in the morning, home by 5. The only pain was when they inserted the IV for anesthesia. Surgeon said the operation took only 15 minutes. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night, it hurt and I couldn't find a comfortable position. Finally fell asleep for a couple hours. This morning I'm pain-free. My whole arm is wrapped from wrist to shoulder. I'll find out how my arm looks Monday when the bandage comes off. For now I'm taking it easy and resting, taking pain pills, Napping, watching TV, reading my Kindle. No gardening for a while. I had pulled weeds from my vegetable garden prior to the surgery. And last night we got some needed rain. Yay! We're having a drought here in Long Island also, like most of the country. Lucky we have no water restrictions on lawn watering, washing cars,etc.

Comments (10)