SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frazoo_gw

Where the heck have I been???

frazoo
15 years ago

It's been weeks since I've posted anything. I don't really know why. I've had some busy times and I've read a lot of KT posts, but I just didn't jump back in the water.

I spent a week with DD in June. They moved from a 3 BR no basement into a 3 BR with basement family room, bedroom and storage room. That meant that DH and I were busy cleaning and fixing up extra furniture that we had in our basement to take to them. It feels great to unload some of that stuff! She wants me to come back and help her start hanging things on the walls and set some of her decor pieces around. I'm ready for that....

mainly because of Camryn, who is now 10 mos. old and crawling like crazy. There won't be much decor sitting very low to the ground...LOL!!

Camryn is such a joy! She's a happy little person...very chatty in her own language and she laughs out loud a lot. She's such fun to be around.

My mom was admitted to their hospital a couple of weeks ago. She's in the Home with Alzheimer's, permanent colostomy and post polio syndrome. She had a urinary tract infection. She was admitted on a Sun. and started on IVs and oxygen. She had a seizure on Mon. which she survived but was not expected to live very long without the IVs and oxygen. So, DH and I got there at 9 pm and discussed with my dad and 2 sisters the DNR that he and mom had drawn up. Dad decided to wait until Tues. morning after he'd talked to the doc before making his decision. We left at 11 pm and got home at 1 am. I was making plans to go back and stay a few days.

Well, wonder of wonders, mom survived the night and in better condition that she'd been in for months and months. Now, she's smiling, laughing, saying a few words, waving...she doesn't say our names but she sure seems to know we're family! Dad said when he went there the other day, she saw him from across the room and started waving and puckered up for a big smooch! No one knows how long this will last. Maybe she got more from the oxygen and IVs than she's able to take in herself...or maybe the seizure rewired her. (She had one a couple of years ago that she didn't fully recover from...seemed to take away a lot of her memory and functions.)

DB and family and 1 sis were there over the 4th weekend, so DH and I went there on Sat. They told us that Dad had been vomiting and had diarrhea. So, we got there about 11 am and at 11:30, DH took Dad to ER to see about getting him some IV for dehydration. Well, they admitted him and kept him overnight. He needed R&R and the IVs to help him get back on his feet. He worries about Mom constantly and it turns out he'd been having that problem for awhile...and kept ignoring it. I felt really bad for him though on Sun. By the time he was dismissed, everyone had left for their homes because of work on Mon. So, he called us that evening because he was lonely and really kind of out of whack. We just let him talk and then we helped lighten the mood (I hope!).

I sure hope that he and mom can enjoy each other and have some fairly good health for awhile, now. He's 84 and she's 81.

Also, I want to be here for our fair which starts Aug. 5 and our kids will be coming for that. We're all excited to see Camryn on the kiddie rides and the merry-go-round. Plus, Oklamoni and friend are planning to stay here whenever they get started on their trip. I think it will be late July or early August before they get here. She'll let me know more after her move (boy, talk about someone who's been busy!)

So, that's about it. As I said, I've read a lot of your posts and you've been in my thoughts.

Leslie/KS

Comments (3)