SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Just shocked, What do you say to someone in this position

girlsingardens
15 years ago

We just got home from being out of town for the fourth celebrations (BTW The baby in my belly went nuts during the fireworks show, all the booms made him/her dance and kick me all over) Well I always check the local papers for obits just in case someone I know dies and I hadn't heard about it. My folks don't get the paper and I will call them and let them know if it is someone they know.

I went to the web site and the lead story I immediately recognized the person they were talking about. One of DH's friends that he works with and rides bikes with, his wife was arrested yesterday for taking over 500,000 dollars from the Public Schools foundation offices where she worked. Some of the money can't be part of the charge because of the statute of limitations has passed. Dh and I are upset and feel bad for the husband and DH doesn't know what to say to Marc. I told him to just email him that we are thinking of him and if he needs anything to give us a call when ever he needs to talk.

The thing I can't help thinking about it is that if my DH brought half a million dollars into our household income I would hope that I would question it and wonder where it came from. Do you think that you could have that much money come into your household and not know about it. The bad thing is she was arrested yesterday and with the holiday will be held until at least Monday.

So what would you do? Would you the husband a call or email and give them your support. The thing I keep thinking about is that he probably knows that we know what happened so if we don't make any contact he would feel no support. I know if something happened similar to me I would appreciate good thoughts and someone to talk to.

Stacie

girlsingardens

Here is a link that might be useful: Article about arrest and more details

Comments (20)