SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kriss_2009

RX Relief Discount card from Healthcare Alliance

kriss_2009
10 years ago

According to an earlier post (to which I could not post because the thread reached its max of 150 messages), someone discussed how the company must have gotten your name and address SOMEWHERE in order to have sent the card to you in the first place. ** NOT TRUE! **
The cards we got in the mail today came in an unaddressed envelope inside of a weekly flyer newspaper. So they actually have no idea of who I am, other than probably knowing which card #s they sent to which newspaper for distribution. That would only narrow it down to my general location.
That being said, it may be wise to ask the pharmacy if they are required to report any information to the company once the card is used. With all the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules, they most likely cannot release much information at all. So there must be some reason that the pharmacies accept the cards...possibly the pharmacy is getting some kind of reimbursement from this company, but again, I don't know that to be a fact. It would be very interesting to find out exactly how this works.

Comments (3)