SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Wish me luck - surgery tomorrow.

caflowerluver
14 years ago

I called first thing this morning and got in this afternoon for my Urologist appt. I just got back from there and have surgery scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 6PM. It is called Lithotripsy. They go in and try to break up the kidney stones and remove them piece by piece. They did Xrays at the Dr's appt today. It is firmly lodged in the Ureter and is not moving. The Dr said it could just get worse and the track get more swollen then it would be impossible for it to move or for them to remove it. And also a he!!uva more painful. They might have to put in a strent temporary to help with urination. I wish they would have done the surgery when I was at the ER like I wanted them to.

When I go in for my post op appt they will discuss how to prevent them in the future and what to do about any current ones in the kidney. DH joked and asked if I wanted to go out some place fancy for my 'last meal' tonight. Considering the roller coaster ride my stomach has been through, I don't have much of an appetite so will pass.

I'm feel like I am falling apart at 57!

Clare

Comments (26)