SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helencolby

Spent much of the day in the hospital !!

helencolby
14 years ago

Early this morning it was so pretty that I thought I would sit out on the deck and watch the sun come up. Well I should have worn a pair of shoes or clogs or something. I stepped on a piece of splintered wood and it went right up and into my foot !! I said a few choice words that I would not say in front of my own mother. Then hobbled back into the house to see if I could get it out. I got part of it out but the rest was too deep. So off to the ER I go. Thank goodness I have had a recent tetanus shot. They had to numb my foot and actually cut that log out of my foot. They bandaged it up and sent me home several hours later. It really hurts now that the numbing agent has gone away. I wasted a whole darned day and didn't even get to drink my coffee. I am about starved to death because they didn't even feed me. I got an prescription for pain killer, didn't get it filled. I will just take Tylenol. I don't like to take much in the line of drugs unless I positively have to. Maybe I will be sorry but for now I will just have to suffer. DH is taking really good care of me right now. He's even fixing me supper. (reheated soup with toasted cheese sandwiches) I may hobble for weeks since he is being so sweet. Hmmm, I wonder if he does windows? LOL

Helen

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths