SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

I decided to just buy a new digital camera

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

My previous post about how to download pictures overseas got me to thinking about battery life and my Kodak. It has a rechargable lithium battery that doesn't stay charged for very long. Lauren took it on a field trip a few weeks ago and it died long before she even got home. There's no way to recharge it unless the camera is sitting in the charging dock.

So, I sat here reading on-line about a few different cameras and went to Wal-Mart and bought a Kodak Powershot A1100IS, pink-the only color they had in this model. It's different than the one I had orginally planned to get but that one only had the display model left. This one is a 12.1 megapixel instead of 10 and has a 4x zoom, which is the same as the other one.

I also got a battery charger, extra batteries, an 8 GB memory card and the smallest carrying case I could find that it would fit into.

I can't wait to try it out, but first I have to eat dinner. Picked up Taco Bell because I didn't feel like making dinner. I just hope I don't have to read the manual all the way through just to start taking pictures.

Does anyone have this model and do you like it? Most of the Powershot cameras on Amazon.com had good reviews so I'm hoping this was a good choice.

Comments (6)