SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
declansmom_gw

How to Act with Friend's grown children

declansmom
15 years ago

To make a long story short, my best friend of 35 years has not spoken to 3 of her 4 children for the last year. She wants contact desperately, but the oldest daughter is mad at her (and won't tell her why) and she has convinced her two younger sisters who live nearby to stop contact.

The only daughter that she speaks to lives nearby and will be getting married in August. I am invited to the wedding and I honestly do not know how to act in front of the three girls. I am so angry at them for alienating my friend. Granted, I might not know the whole story, but I do know that my friend is as confused as I am. Her 3 girls never contacted her when she went through back surgery a few months ago, however, when one of them was pregnant, my girlfriend tried to contact her and she said not to contact her again. She said that she would call my friend when SHE was ready.

Then, the daughter had her baby, and when my friend did not call her, she found out through the grapevine that the daughter was infuriated that she did not call to congratulate her. I want to smack this kid, but it's not my place. How would you act when you saw her?

Thanks for reading this long story. I really am torn about what to do.

Comments (14)