SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sad day for me.....(long post)

Jasdip
13 years ago

I help out my neighbour, with his Standardbred horses 3 mornings per week. He works there 7 days/week, and is usually home by noon. He's 70 and lives alone.

Yesterday I got an email from one of the other barn workers saying he hadn't come into the barn all day. It was evening when I saw the email, and I called him. No answer. His truck was in the parking lot.

I went to my nextdoor neighbour who has a key (We all live in an apartment building). We unlocked the door and the security chain was still secured. He hollered his name, and no answer.

I called the Super and he tried, then called the police.

The unit, fire department paramedics all came. Kicked the door in, and there was Bob. Died of a massive heart attack (I found out today).

I called his partner with the horses and informed him and told him I'd be going in all week to look after the horses. He was so grateful to me. He lives a distance away.

Anyway, I went in this morning and that's when it hit me. His stuff was there in the tackroom; I hugged the horses and cried and took care of them as usual. Wow. What a shock.

I have no idea what the owner is planning on doing with them. I'm going to miss them, if they get moved or someone else buys them or some other changes that don't involve me.

Sorry, just had to share my sorrow with you guys.

Comments (36)